Monday, September 6, 2010

Diabetic Urine... $6 per Shot?

Uhmmmm.... okayyyyy....
I just read that sugar-heavy urine from diabetics is being used in the fermentation of high-end single malt whiskey for export from the UK. I've looked and looked for anything to help me describe this as just an ill-timed April Fool's joke but noooooo, lol.

Here's the first post I saw about it on BoingBoing. Once I picked my jaw up from my desk and stopped laughing, I realized that it had a ring of truth, so I dug a little deeper. Seems that the story is actually legit! HERE is an excerpt from an interview with the distiller. And to make the story even more veritable, The Discovery Channel website has this offering.

So now my question is... can I just have my Dad pee in a bottle and sell it for extra cash to buy more whiskey?


No comments:

Post a Comment