Sunday, September 5, 2010

Slide On In!

Okay, so I live in a town that has more restaurants per capita than nearly any other city in the US. I guess people here just don't like to cook and have a nice family meal at home. But that's another rant. This one here is about the new BBQ menu items at White Castle. That's right-WHITE CASTLE, lol. Okay, so they put some shredded meat product in a soup of bbq sauce and put a tablespoonful on one of their little buns. Every business should rethink their business offerings from time to time. What got me is that the drive-thru, parking lot and access road were filled and lined up with cars full of people just aching to try out this 'new' thing (c'mon, we've all had bbq on a bun before, lol). But to have a very, very, very long line of vehicles filled with bleating consumers who apparently have nothing better to eat from the other (hundreds!) of restaurants in this weird place- it almost filled me with a sort of Stephen-King-ish fear. Sometimes I wonder if, like Derry, Maine in his books, that this place doesn't have some ancient evil sleeping and lurking under the earth, seeping into our drinking water and crops, eating away at not only our brains but our very souls. For me, for now, I'm staying as far away from White Castle as possible. And I think I'll avoid the local produce for a while too, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Did I mention that the mayor, firefighters, police and local politicians were all there to shake hands and rub shoulders? Good grief. >.<

    ReplyDelete